Voice acting is a unique career where the actor’s voice can be heard worldwide — in commercials, audiobooks, animated movies, documentaries, telephone systems and much, much more. But where do you start?
Voice Acting For Dummies gives you step-by-step explanations and an abundance of examples from everything on how to find your signature voice to creating a demo to booking auditions.
Voice Acting For Dummies shows you how to improve your vocal talents and make a career out of them.
• Start with the basics — learn the ins and outs of the voice acting business, and what it takes to be successful
• Audition like a pro — understand the do’s and don’ts of auditioning in person and online
• Create a voice-over demo — discover how to demonstrate to prospective clients the types of voices you can perform
• Dig into the script — develop strategies for understanding your role and bringing the written word to life
• Use audio recording software — find out how you can add music and sound effects to your demo and edit your finished product
• Get into business — explore ways to turn your voice acting talent into a business
• Build a home recording studio — find the right equipment for your needs